Pre Treatment Suggestions
To gain the most from your treatment whether that be Chiropractic, Physio, Sports Injury or Massage most patients can benefit from considering the following prior to planning their treatments.
Many patients benefit from having a warm bath prior to treatment to relax their muscles and being in a calming environment so the body is not stressed and tense. Alternatively patients can combine treatments by having a relaxing massage then seeing their practitioner for treatment.
Plan your appointment for after the following activities have been completed.
- Dental/ chiropodist treatment
- Lengthy hairdressing appointments
- Long travelling distances
- Exercise, sport or any strenuous activities
Plan your appointment to occur at a time when you are able to rest after it.
Post Treatment Suggestions
Our practitioners recommend the following for you to gain the maximum benefit from your treatment.
These simple suggestions for you to follow really do complement your treatment at the clinic.
- Rest for 20 minutes as soon as possible after each and every treatment.
- Refrain from doing strenuous tasks such as hoovering, ironing, housework and lifting for 24 to 48 hrs.
- Avoid taking hot baths for 24 hours, showers and warm baths are fine.
- Drink plenty of water as this will hydrate your body and aid recovery.
- Unless otherwise advised avoid sporting activities such as exercise classes, contact sports and golf.
- Avoid carrying heavy bags and luggage on one shoulder or arm. Always try to distribute any weight evenly across you body.
These simple recommendations together with any personal lifestyle recommendations the practitioners suggest during your treatment can have a big impact on aiding your recovery, working together in helping your body heal itself.
If, after treatment, you have any concerns as to how you feel or are worried about any reaction you have experienced please call the clinic. All of our practitioners are more than happy to answer any of your queries and concerns. Reception is open between 0845 – 2000 Monday to Thursday, 0845 – 1730 Friday and 0845 – 1400 Saturday – 01983 282810. There is an out of hours mobile number on the answer phone.